Entrevista con Thomas Briels




1. How do you define yourself as a player?
 

I bring a lot of energy on the field. I am a forward but I steal a lot of balls from the defenders. I am a fast, technical player who provokes a lot of penalty corners and I am dangerous close by the goal.





2.    ¿When do you start playing hockey, and where? 
I started hockey when I was 5 years at KHC Dragons. My whole family played there so that is why me and my brother and sister started there when we were 5 years old.

3.    ¿Wich is your best sport memory ?

Qualifying for the Olympic games against Germany in 2007 and against Spain (sorry) in 2011. And of course playing two Olympic games.

4.    ¿And your worst sport memory??

 Losing the final of the Dutch hoofdklasse last year at home.
 5.    ¿What player has impressed you the most?

I used to look up to Mathias Witthaus, I liked his style of play and his leading. Now I am impressed with Sander Baart, he is playing at real high level the whole season and he is very good technical, physical and tactical.

 6.    ¿What team do you like more to beat?

Germany! We lost the European final against them so I would like to win an important game against them!

 7.    ¿what player do you watch to reflect yourself?

Not really one player. I try to look at a lot of players what they do well and try it myself on training to become better.

8.    ¿Any funny anecdote you remember…?

Uff I have a lot with Marc! But I can’t tell anyone here…
 


 9.    ¿A match that you will never forget?

The half final at the European championship in Belgium against England last summer. It was on my 26th birthday and I scored the first goal in a full stadium. The fans started singing happy birthday! A moment never to forget! We won that game 3-0 and qualified for the final of the European championship for the first time in history!

10.    ¿What would you say to a kid who starts playing hockey?

Have fun with your friends! Try to train hard and become better every training and match! Enjoy the values of hockey and be positive. Playing together with your friends and trying to achieve a goal together is priceless!

11.   ¿Your main virtue?

Enjoying the great food my girlfriend cooks for me!

 12.    ¿One team?

 Barca! And in hockey Oranje-Zwart of course!

13.    ¿What team would you like to play that you never done it?

 I wouldn’t play for another team in Holland than Oranje-Zwart. I would like to play in the HIL if I have the possibility! I followed the competition the last two years and I think it is very positive for the evolution of hockey. I really like the atmosphere of the competition! And maybe one day I will play at Atletic together with Marc Salles, enjoying the Spanish sun! ;)

14.    ¿How would you enhance hockey?

 I would try to get more media coverage to make the game more popular! Work with tv images and slow motions! I think the games go so fast that a lot of people can’t follow! I like the game how it is now, I don’t think I would change a lot! Maybe the high ball rule, it is always a big surprise which way the referee is going to blow! It has to be more clear or just play on if it is not dangerous!

15.    ¿What player would you like to have in your team?

 Marc Salles off course! J



16.    ¿What sport would you play if it wasn’t hockey?

 Icehockey!

17.     ¿One song?

 Kings of leon – sex on fire

18.    ¿One movie?

 Difficult one! I really liked blood diamonds.

19.     ¿One book?

I don’t read a lot of fiction books. The books I read are study books, I like the anatomy and physiology books! I find the human body very interesting!

 20.   ¿Who has affected the most in your career?

 I would say my mother. She was always my biggest fan! She enjoys hockey and pushed me when I needed to be motivated! 



 TRADUCCION AL ESPAÑOL
 1 . ¿Cómo te definirías como jugador?Puedo llevar una gran cantidad de energía en el campo. Soy un delantero , pero yo robo un montón de bolas de la defensa . Soy un jugador rápido , técnico que provoca una gran cantidad de PC y  peligroso cerca de la meta .


2 ¿Cuándo empezaste a jugar hockey, y dónde?
 
Empecé hockey cuando tenía 5 años en KHC Dragons. Toda mi familia jugó allí por eso es que yo , mi hermano y hermana empezamos allí a los 5 años de edad.3 ¿. Cuál es tu mejor recuerdo deportivo ?La clasificación para los Juegos Olímpicos contra Alemania en 2007 y  contra  España (lo siento) en 2011. Y por supuesto jugar dos juegos olímpicos.
 
4 . ¿ Y su peor recuerdo deportivo ?
 
Perder la final de la Hoofdklasse holandés el año pasado en su casa.

5 ¿Qué jugador te ha impresionado más ?Yo solía admirar a Mathias Witthaus , me gustó su estilo de juego y su liderazgo . Ahora estoy impresionado con Sander Baart , está jugando a un nivel muy alto  toda la temporada es muy bueno técnica, física y tácticamente
 
6 ¿. Qué equipo te gusta más para vencer ?Alemania! Perdimos la final europea contra ellos así que me gustaría ganar un partido importante contra ellos !
 
7 ¿. Qué jugador ve usted a reflexionar a ti mismo ?No es realmente un jugador. Trato de mirar a un montón de jugadores de lo que hacen bien y lo pruebo
en los entrenos para mejorar.

8 ¿. ¿Alguna anécdota divertida que te acuerdas de ... ?Uff tengo muchas con Marc ! Pero no puedo decirlo a nadie aquí ...
 
9 ¿. Un partido que nunca olvidará ?La media final en el campeonato de Europa en Bélgica contra Inglaterra el verano pasado. Fue en mi 26 cumpleaños y me anotó el primer gol en un estadio lleno . Los aficionados comenzaron a cantar feliz cumpleaños ! Un momento para no olvidar jamás ! Ganamos ese partido por 3-0 y se clasificó para la final del campeonato de Europa por primera vez en la historia !10 ¿. ¿Qué le dirías a un niño que comienza a jugar hockey?Diviértete con tus amigos! Trate de entrenar duro y ser mejor cada entrenamiento y partido! Que Disfrute de los valores de hockey y ser positivo . Jugar juntos con sus amigos y tratar de alcanzar una meta juntos no tiene precio!

11 ¿. Su principal virtud ?Disfrutar de la buena comida que mi novia cocina para mí !
 
12 ¿. Uno de los equipos ?

 
Barca! Y en el hockey Oranje Zwart - por supuesto!

13 ¿. ¿En qué equipo le gustaría jugar que nunca lo hizo?
 
Yo no jugaré para otro equipo en Holanda que no sea el Oranje- Zwart . Me gustaría jugar en la HIL si tengo la posibilidad ! He seguido la competición los dos últimos años y creo que es muy positivo para la evolución de hockey. Me gusta mucho el ambiente de la competención ! Y tal vez un día voy a jugar en el Atletic junto con Marc Salles , disfrutando del sol español ! ;) 
14 ¿. ¿Cómo mejorar el hockey?
 
Me gustaría tratar de conseguir más cobertura de los medios para hacer el juego más popular! Trabajar con imágenes de televisión y cámaras lentas ! Creo que los juegos van tan rápido que mucha gente no puede seguir ! Me gusta el juego de la forma en que es ahora, no creo que cambiaría mucho! Tal vez la regla de pelota alta , siempre es una gran sorpresa que forma el árbitro va a pitar ! Tiene que ser más claro o simplemente jugar  si no es peligroso!

15 ¿. ¿Qué jugador le gustaría tener en su equipo?
 
Marc Salles ¡ por supuesto!

16 ¿. ¿Qué deporte le toca , si no fuera el hockey?
 
Hockey sobre hielo !

17 ¿. Una canción ?
 
Kings of leon - Sex On Fire

18 ¿. Una película?
 
Difícil ! Me gustó mucho los diamantes de sangre .

19 ¿. Un libro ?No leo muchos libros de ficción. Los libros que leo son libros de estudio , me gustan los libros de anatomía y fisiología ! Me parece que el cuerpo humano es muy interesante!
 
20 ¿. Quién ha afectado a la mayor cantidad en su carrera?
 
Yo diría que mi madre. Ella siempre ha sido mi mayor fan ! A ella le gusta el hockey y me empujó cuando necesitaba estar motivado !

No hay comentarios: